View Single Post
Old 08-25-2017, 06:40 AM
Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcv123 View Post
I have been at this for the better part of 30 years. I have always loved collecting Bazookas, Venezuelan's, food issues, test issues, etc. With rare exception many of those items have had no financial respect compared to regular issue cards. That said - I completely understand about wanting to buy them before they hit the stars. I too was a way under bidder on the box. Just think how upset I was realizing that I was THE under bidder on the very same box back in 2010 at 5K!!

The Star Cal was a great (albeit expensive) pick up!
I hear you Howard. I can definitely sympathize with you regarding your near miss on the beautiful '59 Mantle Bazooka box several years back.

I think one of the reasons the oddball cards are doing so well is because of the '52 Topps. It's kind of dragging everything else up with it. But, I would rather have the oddball cards more than the '52 Topps. The '52 Topps can be purchased any day of the week, whereas the oddball cards are available at most a couple of times a year. And ... they still cost less than the '52 Topps.