View Single Post
Old 11-19-2007, 01:32 PM
Administrator

Default Two c1930 Baseball Statues Disappeared from eBay

Posted By: CarltonHendricks

Hey Mike, Retail value? Good question....Prices seems like they can vary a lot, especially since the internet. Well by retail, I guess that would mean priced sitting in a booth at a show....of course that could depend on who's booth....Kanuit's booth or some yahoo's selling new cards..might be a big difference in price.

I got the 6" one on eBay this last summer for $134.00. Considering how rare it is that was defintetly a steal. That was the first one I'd seen for sale (or at least noticed) I'll just take a stab at say $200-$250 for the 6" and say $400-$500 for the 9"

Dan, Yes your ashtray was by the same Lambert. Jack Lincoln Lambert appears to have been multi talented. He was a cartoonist and illustrator for the Chicago Sun TImes and the Baltimore Sun back in the 30's. It's been twenty years since I researched him but I recall he did a heroric sized statue in front of some stadium in I think Baltimore, though I've never seen it or a photo. I've seen other similiar caricature type plaster pieces like yours. Someone told me there is a following for his work, which I found interesting, since 20 years ago I don't think anyone knew who he was. I have Amos Alonzo Stagg's personal bookends he did, seen below:

YOu can read a little more I've written on Lambert on my site, below is the page link to where he is discussed in the Basketball Page:
http://www.sportsantiques.com/basketball.htm