Thread: recataloging
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2005, 03:32 PM
Administrator

Default recataloging

Posted By: Darren J. Duet

There are many "newly" id'd set and cards since the ACC came out. I feel that T206 should always be T206, but we could do a better job at pigeon-holing and cleaning up old cardboard.

I'd like to see a "clean" cataloging system that just plain made sense, and one that would help collectors/historians/dealers keep there area or areas of interest organized.

I'd also like to see the STANDARD CATALOG follow a format that would be more user friendly to this cause(organization based on specific cardboard characteristics). I think its a bit out of whack to have E-cards, T-cards spread throughout instead of linked together. Alphabetical is a standard, I know; but come on 1913 Tom Barker Game is immediately followed by 1974-1980 Bob Bartosz Postcards.????? I love SCD and will always buy the latest one-----I also think Our Hobby has evolved into a more specific past-time.

Revamping our cataloging system would be fun, educational, & conroversial--just like life. I'd like to hear more ideas, general, specific, pros, cons, whatever. I'm gonna have fun with this and any and everyones opinions are welcome.

I respect history and tradition(I love it-one can tell by my collections), but I also embrace and accept the future.

Your Friend,
Darren