View Single Post
Old 04-22-2013, 08:35 PM
N.ate A.dams

Exactly right Kevin. Many times, it's not about the amount of money involved or the mistake with what type of shipping carrier/service used, it's the response after.

I didn't care to pay the extra, yet it is so important to these sellers to keep the extra --- in each case a few bucks being more important than the "satisfaction" for the customer. In these examples, however, I'm reluctant to even use the word satisfaction, but instead that they'll take a few dollars over doing what is a common courtesy. These people are probably the same people that lie about overhead costs for "NFP" organizations - pocketing the extra.

I know many other sellers here do the same, but I don't even hesitate to send a refund to a buyer when the stupid USPS loses a package. I've had to do it 5 times in the last 2 years. I don't view that as something "special", but instead only as what should be expected of a seller and should be viewed as common courtesy. Clearly it's not that common anymore...
One more subtle USPS rant and example...I recently had USPS play baseball with a package that had an SGC graded T3 in it. I put the T3 between big cardboard pieces, and then wrapped it in bubble wrap. I then put it in a big padded envelope. The buyer contacted me kindly and said the cardboard was bent and sent a scan to show the top left portion of the SGC holder was cracked and missing a large piece. As much as I hate the USPS, and want to exact revenge, is it weird that I gleefully sent the guy a partial refund equaling the amount it took to re-holder ship it to SGC? He never asked for it, but it was implied and understood. Once I told him I was going to do that, he said for me to not worry about any shipping. I gladly sent him the reholdering fee plus a few $ for shipping. The best part is that I can think of many times where people on Net54 have done the same thing, setting great examples for us younger folk, without any threat of bad feedback -- and simply do it for integrity's sake.

With my long-winded tangential self, I'll wrap this post up and let you all know that I left negative feedback. Unfortunately, it will count as only one negative - so his % stays the same. This is probably why he didn't care about a solution, and stopped responding to messages that I was sending requesting that he clarify what I perceived to be blatant falsehoods. I'm now assuming that he did indeed lie about ever even insuring the """SFRB""" with 18 PSA Graded T206s jammed in them.....lol, sorry, just had to write that again. It's still dumbfounding to me!

Last edited by npa589; 04-22-2013 at 08:37 PM.