View Single Post
Old 05-07-2014, 12:22 PM
Brian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyC View Post
I agree, you will have to be prepared to go north of that comfort price; everyone would love to have a nice 4 for $2500, but that is just not a realistic expectation for the card in 4-grade. I hope you can get for that, it would be a deal for the ages. But even looking at VCP (while keeping in mind that many of the better examples I've seen have sold privately), the lowest sale on current record was $2639-- and it was for this pretty grotesque example below. For reference I've also attached pictures of all the other examples that sold between $2639 and $2950. All others have been over $3000. Given these facts, I can't fathom a nice 4 selling for anything below $3500. The seller could pretty easily get $4000 with some patience, if it's centered well...

As the scans below bear out, the PSA 4 51B Micks that sell below 3k tend to have extremely poor centering and focus.
The pricing is a bit different for the BVG 4s than the PSA ones. If it were PSA I probably would have taken him out at 3250 already and called it a day. I am worried about the cross since it has a small crease. EDIT: I just checked the BVG data on VCP and the numbers are quite stale. Given the subject of this thread, I can probably assume $2600 would not be the average today...

But I just looked at it again... centered with no print lines. Just the crease taking away from it.

Last edited by phabphour20; 05-07-2014 at 12:25 PM.