View Single Post
Old 09-04-2014, 04:32 PM
Graig Kreindler

A GREAT profile of a GREAT dude.

I've known Benny for around five years now, and he's exhibited nothing but kindness to me in my own endeavors, and has been a great friend in the process. So, perhaps when I'm talking about him on a personal level, it's a bit biased. Especially since he lets me have my chicken fingers and Coke without giving me too much sh!t.

But in regards to the kind of enthusiasm he brings to his corner of the hobby, I think anyone who knows him can say without hesitation that he's one of the best ambassadors out there. He has a great collection of stuff that he's always refining and retuning, which I think is pretty evident by the article. I think that his passion for photography as art really comes through in the interview too, especially how the medium is able to transcend the world of collectibles and communicate much in the same way artifacts in museums do.

Maybe the best thing about having someone like him as a face for baseball photography (and though it was touched on in the article, but not entirely), is that he's incredibly kind and generous with his time and helpful to those who are new to collecting. Of course, we all know that he can be direct and isn't one to take any crap, but that's just who he is - deep down, there ain't a better dude. I'm sure this board is filled with people that have dealt with him in that manner and would agree.

Whether it was PSA doing article or someone else, I think it was a great piece about someone who's really an asset to the collecting community.

Graig