View Single Post
Old 12-16-2012, 04:54 PM
Archive

As far as sheet size or composition, I haven't reached a conclusion and can only speculate for now. Hopefully new evidence or examples will be discovered and shed more light on the subject.

There are a few T206s that have me stumped and are leaving me with more questions than answers.

Spade is one of those T206s. His cards have been seen with a sheet number, but Spade is also a card that has been found to have a different player's name on the top of his card.

So lets try this. Tim's theory is that there are 17 player's cards across a bottom of a sheet. Given what we know about these sheet numbers, if we were to speculate that the sheet number appears on the middle or ninth card across, then the player in the column directly above Spade would be Cicotte.

Now here is where it gets interesting. Cicotte's name also appears on an Abbaticchio (brown) card. The same can be said for Rossman & Lundgren (Chi.) since we have seen Rossman & Lundgren cards with different player's names on the top of their cards.

Rossman-McBride
Rossman-Thomas
Lundgren-Ball
Lundgren-Doolin

So lets say in the future we find an Abbaticchio, Lundgren or a Rossman card with a sheet number on the back. How can we explain the multiple different names at the tops of their cards?

So is there a pattern or no pattern at all?

I apologize Scott if I'm taking your thread in a different direction, I just wanted to add some other factors that tie in with sheet numbers.

Jantz