View Single Post
Old 12-29-2017, 05:30 PM
R0b3rt Ch!ld3rs

I started this thread and have reflected on my thoughts since. It is hard to explain, but my overall interest in the NFL had started to wane even before the kneeling and associated stuff. I don't know, maybe it is just a product of raising kids, having a career, and just not having the time I used to have. My passion for my favorite team really focuses on the past and not the present so there isn't always that drive to tune in and watch them either. Fantasy football does it for some, but I just don't have any interest in that.

I think what it comes down to is that I am far more interested in collecting than I am in watching. The two don't necessarily have to go hand in hand unless one collects exclusively modern cards and memorabilia, I suppose.

Over the last couple of years, I have developed an interest in vintage photography. It is, for me at least, an exciting new outlet. I really enjoy the images, many of which are truly unique. Now the last year and a half, my desire to collect football (especially but not exclusively AFL) has surfaced, and I am having a lot of fun. Within the last week or so, these two interests have started to merge, and fun times are ahead! Neither of these pursuits, I am finding, take my current feelings towards the NFL into account. The interests fed by my collecting truly stand on their own.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk