View Single Post
Old 02-24-2023, 06:06 AM
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by perezfan View Post
Another reason the tassels may have been removed is for symmetry and overall appearance. I personally would rather have a pennant with both sets of tassels missing than just one set. My eyes are immediately drawn to the asymmetry if just one set of tassels is present. So I prefer the cleaner look of no tassels at all, and have been guilty of performing a "tasselectomy" or two.
The basic tassel rule 4 > 0 > 2

1960s tassels are more trouble than they're worth. If you have 4 nice ones great. But if even one gets that creased, broken, limp, dangly look it changes the entire aesthetic of the pennant. Then there's the super brittle, egg shell tassels that you could probably disintegrate just by looking at too long.

They make 60s pennants harder to store too because you need larger bins. Pre-60 tassels are soft and durable and can be tucked or bunched. With the 60s, I prefer to iron them flat and then agonize about anything touching them. I just did my annual pennant sort/audit and had one casualty. The horror of picking up a stack of pennants and seeing a chunk of red tassel on the floor left behind.