View Single Post
Old 01-21-2006, 08:39 AM
Administrator

Default Q regarding MK within PSA grading

Posted By: wfeola

I have to admit....I have caught the bug. I won my first T206 last night on ebay and I know it won't be the last. Since I sold my rare backs just before christmas I have been hooked on both searching for T206's on ebay and reading all of your posts here.

I purchased a Billy Maloney PSA 3 MK.

I know the MK refers to "marks" which the seller has stated as being pencil marks on the back of the card, however PSA is unclear as to what that means.

This is what they say:

MK (Marks)
Type of qualifier. The card exhibits marks caused by pen, pencil, or some other type of ink and the presence of the mark or marks causes the card to fall below the minimum standard for the grade.

Qualifier
In some cases, a card will be designated with a qualifier. A "qualified" card is a card that meets all the criteria for a particular grade, but fails the standard in one area. For example, a card which exhibits all the qualities of a NM-MT 8, but is 90/10 centered left to right, will receive a grade of NM-MT 8oc. The "OC" stands for off-center. Here is a brief list of qualifiers: OC (Off-center), ST (stain), PD (Print Defect), OF (Out of Focus), and MK (Marks).

So is this card not a true PSA 3? If it is not a true 3, then why would they grade it as such.

Is it smart to include these in your collection....or are they worthless?

I'm confused.