View Single Post
Old 04-17-2018, 12:21 AM
Jay Cee

I don't think any AH will beat Hunt from the old days. They did partial descriptions and one picture for the entire lot. They almost always over achieved for their buyers as there were always additional items in the box. Tele Trade was another auction which will never be duplicated. Loved bidding by phone to a computor voice.

Now to Christies. Here is what a 950.00 shipping charge gets you! A big box with lots of protection. Im sure Christies uses shipping and insurance as major profit centers for their company. Plus the 25 percent BP is pretty healthy too.

It just amazes me that that half their descriptions, was warning people that they are not responsible for what type photo it is and no garuntee for being authentic. Lot descriptions were more disclaimers than actual product descriptions.

Then they show one or a couple photos to show lots with up to 75 items. Yes, if you are in New York its a big advantage to show up to their location actually look at the items ahead of time But how many people actually did that? I was told over the phone they would get back to me, and that never happened. Plus I was told the lot I inquired about was in another warehouse.

I think ALL winners should have their photos looked at, as rumorville has it there were many type 2s and later photos. Interesting Christies nor the consignor wanted to Have photos graded by a TPG.

Maybe two threads should be posted with one being success stories and burried treasure and the other thread being No treasure and a couple lumps of coal.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_7436.jpg (64.7 KB, 626 views)