Thread: T206 Trends
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2017, 06:49 AM
Paul

- Have certain HOF's grown more than others or even commons?

I've been collecting T206s pretty consistently over the past 20 years. And there has been a growing separation of certain HOFers like Lajoie and Speaker. I do not see the same rate of growth in Wajo or Matty. Or any of the next tier HOFers.

Cobb has, indeed, set himself way ahead of the pack. An SGC 60 Cobb Red Portrait was equally valued to an SGC 60 Wajo Portrait for a long time. About two years ago, something shifted in the market, and now that same Cobb will cost you three times as much as that same Wajo. I do think Cobb will eventually readjust - particularly on the red Portrait, which was super printed and may have survived better than any other T206 over the years. But, to be sure, there are no signs of a slow down yet!

- What cards or players have you noticed that have leveled off in prices and aren't growing as fast as others?

Certain commons are now well known as being rarer than others. Adkins, for example, sells for quite a premium. Krause, for whatever reason, is the exact opposite.

- Are there any cards that have had a big craze and then began declining in price?

Seems to me Elberfeld Wasington portrait has not retained its value over the years. People also have woken up to the notion that Lundrgen KC may be just as tough as Lundgren CHI. Low grade Demmitts and OHaras (STL) have been pretty flat for awhile.

www.instagram.com/signedT206/
@SignedT206