View Single Post
Old 06-25-2017, 03:33 PM

Default Here's a few

In the world of antique advertising signs porcelain is sort of king...Over the last five or so years I've developed a taste for them...only thing is antique sports related signs are rare to begin with...but porcelain ones hardly exist they're so few...However the Lord blessed me and I've gotten the ones below...I found that Slazengers’ Tennis Racquets one on an Australian website...Likely produced in England...I was able to date it to about 1903 based on the racquet...on really heavy metal plate...

photo Tennis Bowling Billiards_zpsmcg0cxpv.jpg

photo SlazengerTennisSign29x19inch_zpsibioom9n.jpg

photo harvard cigars sign CH_zpsqtnsyov8.jpg

I'm pretty proud of this Collegian Clothes sign below...just got it last winter...advertising signs featuring track are very rare...So when I spotted it in a brick and mortar auction I was all over it...bid live by phone...the guy on the other end was taken back the bidding kept going up...I think he thought it would go for nothing...I kind of thought so too but somebody else spotted it and I had to pay real money...Auction house told me it had been found behind a framed picture....that explained why it was nice and bright...though slightly trimmed...

photo Collegian Clothes 28x22_zpsrxsdw3rb.jpg

http://www.sportsantiques.com/rosebowl6_13_10.htm
The Kuppenheimer Clothes one below was a great find I made years ago at the Rose Bowl flea...rowing signs very tough...and it's by Leyendecker...not signed but I know his work a mile away...picked it up with three other Leyendecker signs...still gotta get it fixed and framed...

photo PICT7275_1600x1200_zpse2qfsnpq.jpg

http://www.sportsantiques.com/latestacquistions.htm
Picked up this Regal Pale Beer sign at the monthly Sacramento antiques fair...turned out the seller got it at Alameda the week before...I missed it there...said a guy was selling off a bunch of beer stuff and was getting mobbed and he grabbed this...One of my favorite boxing signs...

photo regal ale boxing_zpsic4t8zkq.jpg

photo kelloggs boy tagged_zps2qpf64m0.jpg

photo Lawn Tennis Cigs_zpstzwjb0el.jpg

photo Ratsch Peerless RG Sign_zpsuwgvt3a5.jpg

photo Helmar Cigs_zpsj9o3wpow.jpg
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Silver King Golf Balls.jpg (76.6 KB, 529 views)
File Type: jpg Tennis Bowling Billiards.jpg (77.0 KB, 529 views)

Last edited by CarltonHendricks; 08-16-2017 at 07:37 PM.