View Single Post
Old 06-07-2019, 06:33 PM
Kenny Cole

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrysloate View Post
Whether or not you remain anonymous on a chat board is a double edged sword. In some places, if you post an opinion on something controversial, such as politics or gun control, you are very likely to receive death threats from someone who disagrees with you. And this of course can be very upsetting. On the other hand, if you are allowed to post anonymously, you can pretty much say any crazy thing you want, with no consequences. If you have to put your identity out there, you are more likely to post in an intelligent matter. We tend to be more reasoned and careful with what we say with our names out in the open.

You won't get any death threats on Net54, although we did have one poster who used to wish people a painful death when they challenged him, so that was an exception. He has since passed away. I prefer having my name posted, and don't like when others are anonymous. I've had my share of arguments on the board, but I won't respond to any attacks if that person is anonymous.

Leon's rule is if you offer an opinion on a person or business that is negative, you need to have your name out. I agree with that completely, but I know not everyone else does.
Yes. The Brucii. I will say no more because I have previously made my feelings about him well known. I also agree that you need to take personal responsibility for your posts if you are posting on a controversial topic or being negative. IMO, that is only fair. If you don't want to play, don't post. Pretty simple.