Thread: Topps Heritage
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2017, 10:07 AM
Tom Boblitt

Never really thought about them in those terms Al......I have most of the real Topps sets and have bought most of the Heritage sets from 01-17. I once had most of them 01-05/6 with all the autos, game-used, chromes, etc. Then sold them. Then bought just the master sets back minus chrome/autos/game-used. Such is the life of the wishy washy collector.

I've loved the sets since the 2001 issue. Really wish I'd kept my 2001 Heritage Chrome set as they are just fantastic and the prices have skyrocketed. I think Topps does a quality job on them along with all the tangent autos, etc. The game used stuff is somewhat played out for me but the autos on the old format cards really are nice with the mixture between old and new players. I personally didn't like the 1958 reissue as much but definitely liked the 1957 reissue. I don't have a 1967 Topps original set (one I've been trying to find but just haven't hit the right price) so didn't think much about the reissue. Really like some of the oddball stuff they've been putting in as box-toppers and inserts the last couple years and like the tie-ins with Target and Walmart on the inserts. Just too much to actively collect although I pick stuff up from time to time.