View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 08:47 AM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanu View Post
All kidding aside, I think the Cowboys main problem is coaching. If they had one of the Harbaugh's they'd be one of the better teams in the league. Romo isn't elite, but he's just as good or better than Flacco, Alex Smith, Matt Ryan, Schaub, Big Ben, etc
No one has brought this up, but for several years now the Cowboys have had very high expectations prior to season start. They were even predicted by many to be the hosts in the JJ Monstrosity's first Super Bowl, yet they failed to even make the playoffs.

Given that many of the experts continue to have such inflated views of Cowboy potential each year, the personnel on the team MUST have some untapped potential. I personally agree with Alan that it's coaching - Garrett makes such blatant mistakes that no one could argue with his being a culprit. How about Ryan? Has he had enough time and been given enough talented players to have gotten the job done by now? How about JJ? Is he such a demoralizing influence on the team that no one can perform under him?

I tend to agree with Alan that if you bring a good coaching staff in, you turn this team around fairly fast.

Giants fans: enjoy it while you can. Given that the 5 Cowboys losses this year came to 4 division leaders plus the Seahawks, and the rest of the stretch is pretty lame, despite all the problems, the Cowboys might actually make it to the playoffs this year as division champs.