View Single Post
Old 04-13-2015, 09:17 AM
Grant Rainsley

Default Opc

1965 OPC......I was fascinated that the cards said printed in Canada...in previous years the boxes were stamped OPC but the cards said USA. Canada no longer felt like just a satellite of the U.S. to me. I remember being at the corner store with 25 cents allowance and whatever pop bottle returns I had scored. Early OPC's had notoriously bad centering, and even at 13 that angered me. (Didn't mind dented corners etc from playing topsides/leansies, those seemed legit.) I opened pack after pack, often throwing out Aarons etc. on the spot until I got one. Last was Checkist 3 and the cards wentin a box where they remain today in superb condition. Honorable Mention to '66 OPC, with a twist....thought I had finished it, and put it away also. Pulled out the box about 15 years later, no Fred Whitfield. Internet shopping solved that issue. Time to pull out the boxes again, since another 15 years has passed.
Successful deals with dkbobasa, Mintacular, Hangman, Donscards, Bocabirdman, Goferboy00, Digdugdig, jimivintage, baseballart, jimmysuitcase, 39special, smokeyburgess, scooter, shorttmail66, KCDoughboy, Andrew1975, t206fix, Eggoman, others.

Member of OBC. www.oldbaseball.com