View Single Post
Old 02-24-2017, 10:42 AM
Mike P.ap

Default Global...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tschock View Post
Thanks, John! One additional question on shipping to Kentucky. Does Ebay 'forward on' the package you ship, do they 'repackage' the item itself, or do you ship a 'pre-made' package within the box you send to Kentucky? The item I have is about 14x8x3 inches and I would have concerns with ebay trying to repackage this. Or repackage anything in general as I usually send stuff nuclear proof.
I have used Ebay Global since Day 1 and NEVER had an issue. Granted, the fees to the international buyer are VERY steep but you as a seller are covered 100% on the shipping end. I had a high dollar card ship overseas a year ago and the buyer was saying he never got the card. I simply pointed out to paypal that I had used Ebay Global and they settled the case in my favor within 3 days. That NEVER happens when shipping to USA addresses!

You ship the item to Kentucky and your tracking will tell you when they (Kentucky Ebay Center) get it. They then open the package to make sure it is the correct item, then they repackage according to international specs and regulations and Voila! You are literally only on the hook to get it sent to KY with tracking!

Too easy! Except of course for those pesky buyer fees! Ugh! Nothing's perfect right?

Peace, Mike

PS To alleviate your concerns: Package the item as you always do. Nothing more, nothing less. They open it in KY and re-package the way they want to. You have zero control over the way it gets sent overseas from KY.

Last edited by vthobby; 02-24-2017 at 10:44 AM.