View Single Post
Old 02-24-2017, 11:28 AM
T@yl0r $ch0ck

Quote:
Originally Posted by irv View Post
What you should notice, is both cards came from the same seller!

Yesterday, I just received 3 PSA graded/slabbed card in a padded envelope, with tracking, and I see the seller paid $3.33 to have the cards shipped from N.Y. to me here in Canada.

Color me confused, but if anyone doesn't think E-Bay is getting rich off of this scam, then they can't see the forest for the trees.
Similarly... I'm confused with how they come up with the shipping cost to if they don't know the weight of the item. Granted some places (like AU) have flat rate shipping as well, but they can't be using that in this case since it is much MORE than they listed for the buyer's shipping cost. Based on my weight estimate, I can ship direct to the buyer for about 1/2 the ebay shipping fee to the buyer.

Hey, I get the fact that ebay is most likely making money on this, or at least breaking even, and the less hassle I have is good for me, but how do THEY come up with the shipping cost? One thing I can think of is your global shipping fee for that slabbed card to Canada is subsidizing (in part) my buyer's shipping fee for his item to get to Australia.