View Single Post
Old 11-24-2009, 08:54 AM
James Gallo

I once bought a card that turned out to be trimmed and was in the same position. The seller refused to pay me back the grading fees if I returned the card. That being said I kept the card for several reasons.

Anyway to answer your question I would need more information.

If I understand this correctly, you gave him all his money back and let him keep the card? If that is the case I would assume that it was not a very expensive card. In this case I think you should not be held responsible for the grading fees as the buyer pretty much got a free card.

If the card was being returned to you and it was coming backed slabbed then I think you should have paid the grading fees. As far as shipping to the grading company as well I think that in on the buyer as it is unlikely he sent in 1 single card and therefore adding the shipping for 1 card really wouldn't matter.

I would also agree that unless you stated the card was trimmed I would assume a rare card by a known dealer would be unaltered.

Anyway just my thoughts based on the info I have now.

James G