View Single Post
Old 06-03-2018, 11:10 AM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolemmings View Post
I normally pull for the West in the Finals, but got drafted as a Caps fan this year when my daughter got an internship in DC and started dating a Caps season ticket holder (plus I'm a T.J. Oshie fan, who made a great play on goal #2). They looked real good last night, and Vegas looked lost, as in without a game plan. Way too many shots from out high, nearly all blocked. I get that their last goal in game 2 came from an outside shot that made it through a double screen, but they need better puck movement and have to work on their forechecking. Really, when your top THREE lines have just 3 goals in 3 games you've got issues. Hopefully, they will figure it out---next year.
Yep, those boys, especially their top line have to figure something out, and soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobbSpikedMe View Post
You're right Todd, they took way too many shots from the outside and most were blocked before getting on goal. I found myself asking why they wouldn't take a shot quite a bit too. They really need to get the puck on net more.
I said/asked myself that numerous times as well last night. Too many passes when the opportunities to shoot were the best choices.
I also thought they dumped and chased it way too much as well, but maybe that has a lot to do with the Caps forecheck?

Either way, they certainly aren't playing to their capabilities, imo, and almost look tired/lazy.

Hopefully the coach and the rest of the boys can pull it together real soon!