Thread: Bid Retractions
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2017, 09:26 PM
J3ff Thr0m

Quote:
Originally Posted by buymycards View Post
Sorry, but that is BS. I use my phone, with the ebay app, quite a lot. When you type in the amount of your bid, there is a fat blue bar across the screen that says "confirm bid". You cannot place your bid unless you confirm it.
Sorry but disagree.

It's all in 1 motion and not really a confirmation, so it's prone to error. You can literally place a bid and submit in a half a second.

When you bid on a desktop you enter an amount and click enter. Then a confirmation message is displayed and you confirm. I also checked through my phone by going to a browser and bidding through eBay's mobile site. Same thing, 2 screens. You enter your bid and click Place Bid.....which is the same as the confirm bid bar you are seeing on the mobile app. Then it takes you to the next screen which shows your bid and you click confirm.....which is not in the app.

Not the same user experience.

Even with auction houses it's the same thing, you enter your amount and click return. Then a true confirmation page appears and you click submit. The extra step prevents user error and it's a pretty common design retailers use.