View Single Post
Old 03-17-2010, 10:20 PM
Archive

Howard - Sorry to hear about this and yes, I have had a "Buyer from Hell".

Back in 2006, I had a buyer, on three different occasions buy a card from me, then refuse to pay. What he would do is put in a bid of like $200, even though he was only willing to pay $50 for the card. He would always bid when there was maybe 15 seconds remaining in the auction. Then if his bid won, but was over his $50 personal limit, he would refuse to pay. Actually he wouldn't even respond to any emails and just forget about it. He was kicked off Ebay each time and within a week, he would open a new account and do it to me again and to other sellers. It was hard to block him because he kept changing accounts. After talking to Ebay on the phone, they finally got the problem to stop. Another strange thing about this buyer was each time he opened a new account, his mailing address was in a different state. An Ebay representative inform me of this.

I had other problems with buyers not long after that. I sold only modern cards then and it wasn't long after that I quit selling on Ebay all together. I actually looked at my feedback while typing this post. I haven't sold a card on Ebay since October 2006.

Another thing I found interesting while looking at my Ebay feedback was the number of sellers that I've bought from in the past few years who are now "no longer registered users" on Ebay. I guess Ebay has no one to blame but themselves for that.

Jantz