View Single Post
Old 02-20-2006, 10:53 PM
Administrator

Default O/T Barry Bonds announces retirement

Posted By: jay behrens

David, hate to burst your bubble, you are purpetuating a myth about Bond's testimony. This has been hashed over a million times on the SABR-l list and I think is the first topic that has actually been banned, but the Chronicle story that claims to have evidence that Bonds admited to using steroids has been misreported and misinterpreted. Anyone that has been on the SABR-l the past few years will know what I am talking about.

The reality of the situation is that people ahve already made up their minds and they are either convinced he used them or give him the benefit of the doubt regardless of the truth of the situation is.

As mentioned in an earlier post, where is the outrage over Clemens. Just because he doesn't ahve misreported info about supposed steroid use does not mean he is clean. He shows all the signs that Bonds does, but no dares say a bad word about Clemens.

One final note, if steroids is what made Bonds a great player, then why isn't baseball being overrun by the steroid fueled freaks from the WWE?

Jay

I've just reached Upper Lower Class. I am now officially a babe magnet for poor chicks.