View Single Post
Old 02-21-2006, 05:57 AM
Administrator

Default O/T Barry Bonds announces retirement

Posted By: Jason

Andrew-

I played organized baseball including a minor league stint as well. The fact is that a person will gain weight naturally. Explain to me why I had to eat 5-6 full meals per day and lift for about 3-4 hours per day when I was a college athlete to try to put on weight. Now at age 32, I eat alot less, I don't lift 10% as much, I play a sport recreationally 2-3 times per week still (including baseball in a regional wood bat league with mostly college players still), and I now weigh about 225-230 without being much overweight at all. Explain that to me. You cannot assume that Bonds took Steroids just because he weighs 40-50 more pounds. People's metabolisms really can slow down tremendously as in my case. When I was in college I threw about 85-88 MPH consistantly (LHP), and hit with little power but some power. I was in ALOT better shape. Now I can throw harder and I can hit the ball at times 400-450 feet with a wooden bat (stronger). Now I can easily admit when I do start and pitch a complete game it takes me about a week to get back to normal. This is due to the fact my arm is going threw more stress and I am not in shape. My point being.......you can anturally put on weight and get stronger with age. I never took so much as creatine which was popular when I was in college.

regards,
Jason