View Single Post
Old 02-21-2006, 08:45 PM
Administrator

Default O/T Barry Bonds announces retirement

Posted By: Anson

Here I go again:

Fact #1 Barry Bonds is a Hall of Fame talent and was long before steroid concerns

Fact #2 Barry Bonds is the only athlete in the history of ANY game or sport who has been significantly better after his 35th birthday, compared to before. (already mentioned)

Fact #3 Barry Bonds has always been controlling of his finances, business dealings, and image. ~spin~ It's hard for me to believe that he didn't know what he was taking and blindly took someone's recommendation.

Fact #4 Steroids have the ability to reduce inflammation, provide faster recovery from workouts, and allow for quicker muscle building. Greenies or any other product consumed by athletes, prior to the 1990s did not have an impact on natural performance on this level.

Fact #5 Bonds is under more scrutiny than others due to his historical approach to the media and the long-standing all-time records that he's close to breaking.

Again, Bonds belongs in the hall. Nobody can take that away from him. But, I believe he's tarnished his previous accomplishments by choosing to use these substances. For those of you who want to deny and defend Bonds, look at the big picture without your bias or liking to the player/team. While I can't say 100% that Bonds absolutely, without a doubt, used steroids.....I would bet a lot of money on it. If it looks like a horse, sounds like a horse, it's probably not a cow.