View Single Post
Old 08-27-2015, 02:12 PM
Phil Garry

Thanks, Scott. Actually, it was a lot of fun, that's why I am considering doing it again but the financial aspect is what's keeping me from moving forward at this time. If I did go ahead with it, I would try to do a little bit nicer set condition-wise this time around, at least on the modestly priced rookies. Also, wouldn't bother with the SGC grading, that and the shipping costs were my two biggest money wasters. Also, admission cost and gas to local card shows played a much smaller role as well.

This time around, I have a 2 year old son so am thinking this might be a good endeavor to start and he and I can work on together in the future. Finance-wise, a baseball rookie collection would be impossible for me to undertake at this time, as would a hockey rookies collection with all of the early tobacco and '30's gum cards. What makes a basketball rookies collection less appealing than football to me is the large gaps in years of sets produced. That leaves football as my most likely endeavor if I decide to do a rookies set at all......

Last edited by bcbgcbrcb; 08-27-2015 at 02:21 PM.