View Single Post
Old 04-15-2018, 10:07 AM
Scott R.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Young View Post
Trout bat is an insane piece. Personally, i think he is already a lock for the HOF. The only way he won’t have career numbers is if something TRAGIC happens. As in, death or horrible injury. I am sure people will disagree with me on this and they would not be wrong probably. But the guy is INSANE. If he were on the Yankees, his stuff would be worth DOUBLE.
His bats are pricy.. I paid up for a hr bat of Hernandez.. but man.. it sure is a beautiful bat

As for Judge.. He is a Yankee and had a monumental rookie season(in the books) so he will always have that. But.. his bats should be nowhere near say trout.

As for comparing to old hof’ers: I agree with op on the thought process. If a trout bat is say going for 31k, an equal mays first hit should be 310k or more. The thing is.. the old guys bats are not rock solid provenance many of the times. To compare a trout 10 bat first hit to any 60s mays bat is not a good
comparison. There is a leap of faith. Also, you are comparing prices you paid in the 90s. Bat prices/market has obviously gone up since I would rather have a Mays bat much more than a trout bat if all things were equal though no doubt and pay much more.
Congrats on the Trout HR bat off of King Felix (assuming it’s the #36 HR bat)! Beautiful Bat! It’s the only modern day Bat that I regret selling. I should have kept that one, but we all know how that goes...selling one Bat to fund another.