View Single Post
Old 07-21-2017, 11:00 AM
Steve Birmingham

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
Great info Steve. I am another one that loves this stuff but there is way too much going on with this set for me to collect it.

Here is a pic of one of my stranger 91 cards. In hand it looks to just be missing the red ink on the back. The light yellow tint is only noticeable in pictures of the card taken outside in sunlight.

The entire front and back of the card glows brightly under a black light.
That's an interesting one!

I think you'd mentioned the glowing as being from a yellow layer. I had doubts, because I'd expect to see some with that layer showing from bad registration.
I'll have to take a few outside.

When I went through my big batch of 91s years ago, I found a few different backs, the "tough" ones react to uv, but oddly. Not the bright glow, but a really dark red. Hard to tell from the ones that don't react, and it takes a strong blacklight. I didn't get far on the fronts, but did find a couple that reacted with a green glow, not strong but visible and probably from the clearcoat or gloss used.

The UV reacting backs go back into at least 84-85, again, not anywhere near as strong as the 91s, but obviously reactive.

Steve B

Last edited by steve B; 07-21-2017 at 11:01 AM. Reason: added a sentence I forgot.