View Single Post
Old 08-01-2008, 09:15 AM
Administrator

Default Network 54 Dinner – Thank You for Having Meat

Posted By: Joshua Leland Evans

Last night was the Network 54 Dinner
I was asked to speak and must admit had a little bit of consternation about doing so
I have gotten some rough treatment on the board at times (not that in my position I don’t warrant it nor deserve it) so I was a little bit nervous going in

I had a blast
You made me feel welcome, you were a wonderful audience and the overall atmosphere was simply fun
It was about sharing this thing that we all love to do and in many ways was truly a celebration
Phil Garry did a short quiz on hall of famer’s rookie issues where everyone shouted out their answers
Brian Wentz shocked me with his knowledge (as I told him I always thought he was just a “money guy” but he was a true hobbyist)
Rick Klein was amazingly strong in post war issues
Corey Shanus was the only damper accosting me for mispronouncing his name
Just kidding, he good-naturedly corrected me and besides he still owns the best piece in the hobby so I have to be nice to him

I want to think Leon most of all for making me feel very much at home and doing a great job putting the event together

But most importantly I must say the stir fry was as good as the voluminous published reports (lots of chicken)
I must apologize to the chef who had the misfortune of making mine
I controlled most of his moves including literally reaching over and working the pan myself when he was working on the other guy’s food
All I had was two bucks to tip him and he would not even look at me
Oh well, you can’t have everyone like you

Josh Evans
Lelands.com

edited title to be correct number