View Single Post
Old 09-17-2016, 06:31 PM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
Wowza. Can't believe you have to deal with crap like that.

I don't mean to sound as if it's a common occurrence for me. If you are proactive about it from the beginning you can nip it in the bud pretty quickly.

I only run between, 1500-2000 individual auctions a year of mostly lower end stuff. Some of these outfits do that every day, so I imagine it's a bit harder to keep track of and much more prevalent.

Whether they actually do anything about it among their bidder base is up to them. Ultimately this should be Ebay's job, but they're not really interested in it.

I mean all you have to do is click around on the bid history of almost any higher end item that becomes available on Ebay. On a large portion of them you will come across bidders with significant retractions in their history. They are not all shillers, but they are certainly manipulating auctions without consequence.

One way or another, I think it's a crappy thing to do. 1 or 2 retractions because of a legitimate reason every once in awhile, fine........but we all know that's not what is being discussed here.