View Single Post
Old 10-14-2017, 07:09 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Default Vintage BaseBall Pin-Ball machine hobby

OK, just one more of my hobbies....I think you'll find this story quite interesting.

I won this Pin-Ball in an auction in 1987. Did not cost me much, as it was in need of repair. Took it apart, loaded it into a Ryder U-Haul truck and drove it 80 miles to my home in Toms River, NJ.
I put my EE mind to work and got it fully operational. For 30 years it has provided my family and friends many hours of enjoyment. It is the very same Pin Ball machines us "dinosaurs" spent all
our nickels on at the Boardwalk Arcades at the Jersey shore playing them for hours and hours back in the 1950's and 1960's.

This machine is considered the "Babe Ruth" model of BB Pin-Ball machines. You get Three Outs and the choice of 3 batting speeds. However, you can score a lot of runs in that inning due to all
the "premium targets" you can aim for. The highest scoring one.....SUPER HOMER.....is a 50-Run target, which has been hit only 6 times in 30 years. Another neat feature of this game are the
plastic players running around the bases with respect to the Hits.

Over the years, several of the Net54 members (or readers) have played my machine and here are some of their scores....

Kim Vida....523 runs

Mark Macrae....502 runs

Pat R....355 runs

Ron Peterson....303 runs (my Grandson, then age 6)

Barry Sloate....score ?

I hold the record with 560 runs. I scored 560 runs on New Years eve 1989....that was the highest that's ever been tallied on my machine. Call it home field advantage.
That nite I hit the ball thru the 50 RUN's target.

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthr...+super+slugger

TED Z