View Single Post
Old 11-26-2006, 11:19 AM
Administrator

Default eBay Auction Problem

Posted By: Lee

You were right to steer clear of this Joe. Did he tell you how much he was going to send you? The guy that was going to scam me if i gave him the chance was trying to send me $2500 for a $700 item. He persistance also shows that this is a scam. As you know, once eBay cancels membership, the persons contracts are null I think. I doubt the exchange rate excuse because he probably was going to send you a very large sum of money. I would guess money landuring. He gets the card from you and resells it = money effectively cleaned. In turn, you would have also cleaned the other money you send back to him somewhat, because it has been cashed and turned into another form (money order, different western union transfer, ect). Also there would be the factor that he could send youpounds or euros, and when you cash this, it would change the currency to an entirely different form of money, the dollar.

Oh yeah, I'm really enjoying the T206 Smith SGC 1.5 Chicago and Boston you sold me on eBay a while back. Thanks for the great deal.

Regrads,
Lee