View Single Post
Old 04-18-2017, 05:54 AM
Tim B
Banned

Fred,

If I saw a legitimate looking copy of my birth certificate with a date of yesterday - yes, I'd question it. And my sister in laws pictures would surprise you.

Funnies aside, I say 90-95 percent because in the earlier thread you contributed to we had a Getty Image with a date of '1955' that momentarily 'proved' the photo could not be from 1951. Then we got another photo that 'proved' the image was from 1952. Forgive me for being skeptical when we are relying on type set on the back of a 65 year old photo to determine the authentic date of it being taken. I mean, we've already had two examples that claimed to be conclusive 'proof' that this card was not a 1951 issue, one of which was already disproved. I could type 1951 on my senior portrait from High School but that doesn't make it from 1951.

Do YOU get what I'M driving at, Fred?

Like I already mentioned, I am looking for a smoking gun. What you have provided is very solid circumstantial evidence but without the photographer testimony about the date I don't reach 100% certainty. I appreciate you jumping back in and I have read the other thread from start to finish. Great read, for sure.