View Single Post
Old 02-10-2016, 04:51 PM
D@le Irv*n

Scanned some lower numbered cards today and I must say, my scanner, for some reason turns the borders grey/dirty looking for some reason? The borders (most) in hand under good lighting, are much whiter than these look like.
I am however still amazed at the small details, when full blown up, how much this scanner does pick up.

Really having a hard time with what cards to get graded? I think these, or at least some of these, are worth getting graded, but they are low numbers, so I assume it likely isn't worth it, especially considering the exchange rate, shipping, insurance etc?

Also, received some bad news today. My Uncle had quite a few H/N 52 Topps cards as well, including, from what I can remember, a great condition #407 Mathews! He told my Father today, he sold all of them a few years ago to some collector in the Belleville area? I have no idea what he got for them, but my Dad didn't think it was any more than a few hundred dollars!

You win some you lose some, but I remember telling him years ago, that if he was ever going to sell them, be sure to let me know.

Last edited by irv; 04-05-2017 at 01:57 PM.