View Single Post
Old 08-04-2017, 07:13 PM
Steve Birmingham

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
I 100% disagree, that is rattle can white paint over the face. No way that card looks like that from ink removal in my amateur opinion.

A fun fact. There is no white ink on a baseball card. All the white you see is the white card stock the other 4 colors are printed on. I have been amazed over the years how many advanced collectors thought the white on cards was printed on them.

EDIT: I messaged the seller and asked if it was semi gloss or flat white paint. If they respond I will let everyone know what type of paint it is.
Man, if it's rattlecan, that's a load of masking work . I guess not too bad with the new blue stuff, but still way more work than an eraser.

What would be really funny would be a card erased by the press operator before the glosscoat went on. Maybe a guy mad about the Bump Wills error hype getting back at the hobby.

And just how the heck would we classify a card produced as a prank, not a true variation, but factory? The 81 fleer hand/finger variations which I believe are mischief more than anything else affected a bunch of cards because the plate was probably modified, but a bit of foolery on one card out of millions?

Steve B