View Single Post
Old 03-12-2010, 05:53 AM
T!M R10rd@n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim VB View Post
Todd,

Here's a thought. Rather than try to organize the show from scratch yourself, perhaps you can find a promoter who has the necessary contacts to fill the building with dealers and customers.

Most parts of the country have dealers who organized shows years ago. Many stopped because of dwindling attendance and rising site rental rates. If your rental rate is decent, you may be able to talk one into trying again.
As I started reading through this, I had the same thought.

Without the established contacts and reputation, successfully putting on a decent size show is probably a much larger task than you think.

An established promoter/organizer can bring in the dealers that you would need for a success, and knows exaclty how everything has to go.

You get to rent out your space, make money on food and drink, and introduce potential customers to your facility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canjond View Post
Your show location is also pretty close to the White Plains show so you will have to make sure you coordinate properly and not run a competing show on the same weekend. While the White Plains show are nothing compared to how they used to be, if you run your event the same weekend, you will be competing for an already limited amount of dealers.
That would be the promoter I would go to. They know the business, and they know the area market. They would get dealers and companies that someone with no history wouldn't be able to.