View Single Post
Old 03-06-2016, 11:00 AM
je.sse @rnot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
I love owning too but, especially with esoteric things I had to have in my 1st collection, once I obtained an item the thrill for that item diminished greatly. It might go more towards a type collector mentality, since that is what I always have been (except when I was very young) with a sprinkling of set collecting. I needed some cards to further me towards completion but didn't care to own them. An enigma wrapped in a bologna sandwich.
And of course everyone collects to own or it wouldn't be collecting or would it?
Sorry Leon, without noticing the other hunt poll I didn't have the proper context to respond to this one. This poll made much more sense after I saw both. I'd still say that owning and looking at the cards from time to time is the majority for me, but I do enjoy the hunt.

As Sam mentioned, with a lot of my favorite cards locked up at the bank most of the time, I get a lot of enjoyment now viewing them in that little room when I need to go to the bank to add or remove one, or decide I just want to bring a few home for a day or two.