View Single Post
Old 11-07-2005, 04:38 AM
Administrator

Default Done in by DST? Your thoughts, please

Posted By: Mark

Okay, so I decided to auction a T202 Chase Gets Ball Too Late graded SGC 80 on ebay to free up some cash. I'm thinking it will bring $600, maybe more. I listed the card on Thursday, October 27, to end Sunday, November 6. I don't usually do ten day auctions, but I wanted it to end on a Sunday night. Anyway, I check on it from time to time, and I mentally note that the auction started at 9:48. I assume it will end at 9:48 on the last day. Sunday, Nov. 6 rolls around, and I decide to check on it at 9:00 to see how I am doing. To my surprise, the auction has already ended - at 8:48. And, it only brings $307. SO, I'm wondering, did some of my potential bidders look at the start time, assume the end time would be the same, and not visually scroll down to see the true end time? Did they, therefore, miss out on bidding because the auction ended sooner than they expected? Am I right in thinking $307 is an extremely low price for this card? I did the research before listing, and other T202 commons graded 80 seemed to bring $600 plus. If Daylight Savings Time did cause this card to sell for much less than it should have, should I refuse to sell it and take the negative feedback that will likely follow? Should I complain to ebay, which would likely be a waste of time? Your thoughts would be appreciated.