View Single Post
Old 01-13-2020, 02:58 PM
Garth Guibord

Quote:
Originally Posted by packs View Post
I found the Astros punishment to be really weak. I mean, 5 million dollar fine? That's like fining me 5 bucks. If they really wanted to end cheating tomorrow, they'd lower the Astros luxury tax threshold by 30 million for the next decade and let them bleed.
The money was apparently the most allowed by MLB, even if it is pocket change for the owner/franchise. But there were also four draft picks taken away, too (plus the personnel suspensions).

Quote:
Originally Posted by packs View Post
Also I don't understand how a guy who hacks a server in the offseason gets banned for life while a bunch of guys on the field cheating in game to win a World Series get 1 year bans.
If you're referring to Chris Correa, formerly of the Cardinals, he also got sentenced to four years in a federal prison (not sure if he served it all).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards View Post
Who's going to hire them now (They've been fired)
That's an interesting question, although I actually could see Luhnow landing somewhere as a consultant or what not. He's got plausible deniability, plus he isn't going to be in uniform/be visible/have to do press conferences. Barry Bonds and Mark McGwire both landed hitting coach gigs after their scandals.