View Single Post
Old 02-23-2014, 01:25 PM
Ricky Anderson

Default Helmet

To me this looks like a repro that has been altered a little bit. I've had a couple of leather football helmets pre 20s and have owned an off brand spoked one (Biddle) before. What gives me the thoughts of it being a repro with possible older parts are: the newness of the leather and stamping, the liner appears to not match up with the spokes (bubbles out a little), the black elastic strap near the front looks similar to an executioner repro I once had. Most older helmets have the similar elastic strap that is on the chin strap of this one up near the visor. The ones near the visors are sometimes thicker than the elastic chin strap, but they look similar in appearance. The chin strap of this one looks old and very similar to the ones Mark and the other poster posted of their own spoked helmets, but the one on the visor looks too new for me.

Just my 2 cents, but there are a few things that just don't seem right. (Bubbling of the leather to the felt, stamping (unknown brand), black elastic strap.

Last edited by rickybulldog50; 02-23-2014 at 01:36 PM. Reason: Corrections