View Single Post
Old 05-28-2019, 08:31 AM
Bob Andrews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintagevault13 View Post
I am pretty much a set builder/binder guy, but I do collect Reggie Jackson cards. Most of his 70’s cards I own are graded, but I still need some of the 80’s Tiffany’s, stickers, etc. and I just can’t see paying for graded cards that I can buy for a dollar or so. As a result, I am looking at putting these cards in toploaders. I have noticed some of my old toploaders are yellowed (I think most of these were with cards I have purchased through the years). Is this a problem with more recent toploaders or am I safe to assume these were cheap toploaders (not BCW or Ultra Pro).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
You sound just like me, just sub in Brooks Robinson for Reggie Jackson. And I also have come across some of the old yellow ones in my single card boxes. I find them to be sort of brittle as well when they get that yellow tint to them. With toploaders so cheap I just replace them as I come across them. And when I get cards sent to me I usually save the toploaders but the yellowed one go into the recycling box under my desk.

I bet many of us remember the uproar over the PVC-laden pages. I still come across them in some of my binders. They ruined some of my Dexter Press Orioles photos.

Last edited by commishbob; 05-28-2019 at 08:33 AM. Reason: I suck at punctuation