View Single Post
Old 06-18-2008, 07:43 AM
Administrator

Default what set are you working on now?

Posted By: Al C.risafulli

I'm always working on upgrading my '38 Goudey set. I had it complete, and then gave 13 cards their unconditional release. I believe I need 12 for completion now, in higher grades. I've been building and upgrading that set for 4 years, and eventually would like a complete, well-centered, untoned set in Near Mint or better condition. I'd like the ad piece and an uncut sheet as part of this, so I figure it will be years before I have everything - then, as companions, I'll do an R303 and R344 set, both of which I believe are connected to the '38 Goudey set.

I'm also working on a W575-1 set, all with the Henry Johnson Confectioners back stamp. I believe I have 27 cards (plus a bunch of dupes), out of what I believe will wind up being 80 possible. I have the two keys (Ruth and Cobb), but the commons are going to be much tougher than the keys. I've been working on this for 2 years or so. I expect that if this is completable, it will take me the rest of my life. I pick up every one I find, but they're just not easy to find.

I am slowly working on a T205 set, but I'm in no hurry. I'm 40% done, and have been working on it for a little over a year.

I'm also slowly doing a high-grade 1934 Gold Medal Foods set. I've got 5 of 12, but I'm being really picky about condition and price.

Really, it's all about the '38 Goudeys and the Henry Johnsons, for me.

-Al