View Single Post
Old 05-30-2017, 08:19 AM
Davi.d Sha.kir

Default close up scans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampsfan View Post
Not trying to be a dick here, but I am wondering about the protocol of a sale on BST.

http://net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=240219

I sent a PM asking for a closeup scan of a few star cards, such as 84 Marino and Elway, and the 86 Rice. Also a one line question asking the sellers opinion of the grade of the sets.

The email was answered, telling me the sets are sold, but he has other singles from some of the sets if I'm interested.

Is there an unwritten rule on BST that first inquiry has any priority? I did not commit to the sale on the inquiry, but wanted some clarification on condition prior to purchasing. I wasn't expecting the first inquiry to be met with "Items are sold", especially with the second "PM sent" coming over 12 hours later.

Thanks in advance...
Bob
some sellers have problems uploading hi res scans or better pictures for many various reasons.
You were playing safe which makes perfect sense as is your right;
I have done the same thing.
However while you waiting for the an answer some body swooped in and bought them based on what they saw.
He could have handled better in this politically correct world we live in maybe IE: said he had problems with getting scans in time to you because "my cat got stuck up in a tree" or some other lame excuse, but just said they were sold no apology given and tried to peddle you other merchandise which is a bit tacky on his part.

Last edited by megalimey; 05-30-2017 at 08:35 AM.