View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013, 06:27 AM
_Er!ck*L.ew1n_

I agree with everyone that it's destroying history. I hate all these cards. I think it's great for current players, so kids can pull a piece of a Pujols jersey in a card from a pack. With current players, all the material is over abundant and constantly being replenished. New players probably use a full new Jersey about every day of the week. It wouldn't surprise me if they even used multiple jerseys in a single game, just to supply companies with more "game-used" stuff.

But as for the vintage guys, who's material is very limited, it's a complete shame. Certainly, the card companies are most to blame and only care about making a buck. However, there's gotta be blame put on the collectors who buy and support this stuff as well. I yell and scream at my TV for all the crap "reality" shows and what-not, but I guess people must be supporting that crap or they wouldn't be being made. I don't know, maybe it's also more of a lack of choice from TV providers and card producers as well? It would be wonderful if society collectively rejected all the crap music and TV shows and garbage insert cards, but I don't really see it happening.

Last edited by yanksfan09; 03-14-2013 at 06:28 AM.