View Single Post
Old 03-15-2021, 03:55 PM
John Otto
J0hn Ot.to

Definitely 1958 Topps for me...I've never liked it. At all. In fact the only real 58 Topps I had owned ever were a little stack of Killebrew cards just due to my obsession with the player. Over the years I would see some of the cards and nope...until earlier this year I was able to pick up a SWEET Koufax card for half the value...put it next to a Killebrew...and I was off. I am now at 67% of the set relatively quickly with barely a focus. Picked up a EXNMT Cepeda, got my Aaron, Mays, Ted cards...and I am really enjoying them. The good part is almost 100% of these cards are cards I have never owned, which is pretty rare for me and Post War base cards. I've either have, or had, every set from 1954 up...and have never owned more than a couple 58s.

So I would definitely say this set took a long while to grow on me and now I really like it. If anyone has a decent Mantle they want to part with send me a PM...

I was surprised I didn't hit this post when it was first put up...I would have definitely answered, like others, the 72 Topps set. I did that last in my quest to have all the 70s...and while it was a major pain in the a**, I enjoyed that journey!

1963 Fleer - 1981-90 Fleer/Donruss/Score/Leaf Complete
1953 - 1990 Topps/Bowman Complete
1953-55 Dormand SGC COMPLETE SGC AVG Score - 4.03