View Single Post
Old 07-02-2018, 02:02 PM
Kyle May

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bored5000 View Post
You want to build around a guy that will be 30 years old in a couple months and a vastly inferior talent to Lebron?

As far as the point about Lebron's ego, who are the players in his caliber who were ego free? You think Jordan and Chamberlain didn't have egos just as big, if not larger than Lebron's?
I want to explore what the possibilities are as to what we can add around Love before we make the decision to trade him. Ultimately, the East is still wide open on the back end, and when you have an All Star, you don't immediately dump them if you have a shot at a playoff spot.

Heck no I don't think Jordan/Chamberlain were ego free. Last I checked, though, Jordan's ego wasn't detrimental to the development of the Bulls roster and franchise while he was there. Jordan also never lost a Finals, and was Finals MVP all 6 times. Chamberlain is too far of a stretch in eras to compare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
By all accounts Jordan was a nightmare for all involved to deal with. Kyle probably would have been glad to see him go too.
Jordan delivered 6 titles, not losing a single Finals he was in. A lot easier to deal with all the crap when you're winning like he did.

- Hall of Famers
Progress: 318/340 (93.53%)

- Grover Hartley PC
Needs: T207 Anonymous Factory 25 Back, 1914 New York Evening Sun Supplements, 1917 D328 Weil Baking Co., and (possibly) 1917 Merchant's Bakery

- Jim Thome PC

- Cleveland Indians Franchise Hall of Fame

Last edited by KMayUSA6060; 07-02-2018 at 02:04 PM.