View Single Post
Old 10-10-2023, 11:33 AM

George, I want to sincerely thank you for your biographical posts on the life of Hank Thompson. I knew he'd led a very troubled life, but I had little knowledge why. Your work here is very commendable, and fascinating. As an author (self-published hobby book) I know these posts require a lot of digging, not to mention the work to carefully load up the images. All to say I very much appreciate your work; it was well-written.

I'm sure glad Hank had Manager Durocher and teammate Monte Irvin at crucial points in his career; I know they were instrumental in encouraging him, whilst keeping him on the straight and narrow.

Thanks for the mention of Hank's 2 inside-the-park home runs in one game. WOW!. I did not know that. His feat was extra sweet since he hit those against their arch-rivals, the Brooklyn Dodgers. Moreover, he hit them at home, which, if he hit the ball in the right place, with his speed, he could pull off the inside four-bagger, and he did!!! I grew up in the suburbs of Chicago, and still remember when Dick Allen hit his 2 for the White Sox.

Wishing you all the best, sir. --- Brian Powell

Last edited by brian1961; 10-10-2023 at 11:39 AM.