View Single Post
Old 05-23-2014, 11:43 PM
Luke Lyon

I don't understand how you can think that him being a deadbeat buyer on ebay (where most of us are sellers) has nothing to do with this board. We all participate in this hobby. The transactions occur on a variety of different sites and through email, but it's all the same hobby. It is a really big pain in the ass when someone wins an auction or clicks buy-it-now, and then doesn't pay. Usually when that happens, you have no idea who did it. In this case we do, and he absolutely should have some consequences for his actions. Whether or not he should be banned isn't my decision, but the other members of the forum deserve to know how he conducts his business, given that we have that information. Also, judging from his past behavior, there is probably one main reason that he hasn't been a scumbag on our forum (he has not been allowed to use the b/s/t). Just my opinion and take on the situation of course. I just don't understand why you think it's ok for him to renege on deals constantly on ebay since he hasn't done it here (and hasn't had the chance).
Let's say you run a small business, and one of your employees has a second job. One day he gets arrested at his other job for stealing $100 from the register. You like the guy, and are unaware of him doing anything dishonest while working for you. Are you letting him work his next shift for you? (I'm aware that the analogy isn't perfect, since what he did isn't as bad as outright stealing, but I think it works well enough)