View Single Post
Old 07-09-2009, 08:53 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default RSVP - 8th Annual 2009 Net54 National Dinner- Thurs, July 30, 6pm -12am

This is the official RSVP thread for the 2009 Net54baseball.com National Dinner.

As the Title says the Net54 National Dinner will be Thursday July 30th, from 6pm until 12am at the Sheraton Cleveland Airport Hotel. It is one of the closest hotels, if not the closest, to the Convention Center. There are buses that go back and forth about every 30 minutes, if I remember correctly. We will be having beef and chicken fajitas this year along with rice and beans and some horse duvers (sic)....Along with that we will have our usual long list of cold beverages. We have at least most of it sponsored, and most likely all of it, so don't worry about the money aspect of the Dinner.

It is very, very important that you RSVP either in this thread or send me a private email to leonl@flash.net.
IF you DO NOT RSVP there is a good chance you won't be able to come to it. I have to have good numbers for the catering and to know how many bartenders to have etc....I want your first and last name please as I will be making a spreadsheet and it makes it easier to keep track.

Spouses, young ones and friends can come too but I HAVE to have an RSVP for them as well. As with anywhere there is plenty of cold ones, there could be some adult language, so please take that into account for the youngsters attending. The previous years we've had children attend and I haven't heard anything too terrible from their parents. Also, there will be the mandatory wearing of little paper name tags at the Dinner, as we have done before. They will be at the door on sign in. This helps me to not forget any of my good friends names . The later in the evening the more that happens. I think it's an alcohol phenomenon. There will be some speakers but the list is still being ironed out. You can post questions in this thread or email me....it's pretty easy though....you come over, eat, chat, drink.....go back to your living quarters. The last several years there have been about 20-30 people left for the last call (at around 11:40pm) out of the 125+ attendees....and I think a good time has always been had. I am a little biased but the Dinner is usually my highlight of the National. best regards